Saturday, August 27, 2011

Would You Like to Win Heidi Songs Newest Product?

Do you know Heidi and her songs?  Well, Heidi is my co-teacher...well, okay, not really.....I just feel like she is with me all of the time because I use her music non-stop throughout the entire indergarten year to teach my children concepts in ways that some of them would never get (at 5 years old!) if it weren't for Heidi.  So, essentially, I feel like Heidi is teaching my students right along with me!  She is a kindergarten teacher who knew what her students needed to learn and now, lucky for us, has decided to share her immense knowledge and efforts with the entire kindergarten world by selling the products she creates to use in her own classroom.  Heidi, in a sense, is willing to be anyones co-teacher! ;)
Heidi also has a line of digital products to print and use in the classroom.  I could go on and on about all of those that I use to teach with, but I will just introduce you to her newest ingenious product.  Heidi has mentioned on her blog a few times now that she needed a book about teaching rules and here it is in all its glory and (yup, you guessed it) it is written in her usual incredible style:
This is a simple book, written specifically with young children in mind, to assist in teaching children the rules by using a dog who has trouble following rules at first.  Heidi says,
"My students are just LOVING the book! I have a big, fuzzy Melissa and Doug dog puppet that I bought a few years ago, and I have been having the dog act out the story as I read it, and talking to the dog about the rules. The children love chiming in with the repetitive text, and laughing at the silly dog, who forgets the rules each and every day. Every single day so far we have read the book and enjoyed it to the fullest. The children don’t realize it, but this is how we have been learning the rules in our classroom. We actually haven’t done any other formal lessons as far as school rules are concerned, and the kids are generally doing very well so far in following them, so I think it must be working!"
And I believe it is because that is just how Heidi's products work.  If you still aren't convinced, check out this video
 
Watching this video encouraged me to instantly purchase this product.  I love ANY book that incorporates the children and instantly becomes interactive, especially one as cute as this.  Everyone will just love Wiggles, the naughty puppy turned good, once he gets introduced...
The book includes a Wiggles puppet pattern and a
 smaller take home version of the book for students.

So, wouldn't you love to have this packet to begin your year?  Heidi has donated one of her new Wiggles book sets to be given away to one of my lucky followers. 
Come on over to Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business to find out how you can win her newest set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips